Missions and Challenges
In this brief article, we will delve a bit deeper into the world of promotional Missions and Challenges. Many online Casinos frame their promotions in a “Do this, Get that”-format. This range from the most simple of them which are “Log in, and Collect your Free Spins” to more complex Missions such as “Win 15 times your Stake on Book of Dead from PlaynGo”.
At Unibo, we are working to make Missions much more engaging than simply “Log in, and Get this” or “Deposit, and Get this”. These might be Missions, but they aren’t really Challenges. The key to creating Mission based campaigns is to frame the Quest in a way that entices the customer to do it for more than just the proposed Monetary value. If your customer starts calculating whether to use the offer or not, you have already lost.
Your Mission, should you choose to accept it.
Therefore we suggest thinking in terms of what engages people. Consider utilizing the SMART mnemonic when composing an engaging Mission based marketing campaign. SMART has various versions, but it is generally accepted as:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
If the Customers sense all five parts of SMART in the Mission-based marketing campaign, he or she will be much more likely to engage in the promotion.
After the players have taken their time to engage with you and done your missions, how can you evaluate the effect of them?
- If your players achieved the goal too easily, make the next goal harder.
- If the goal took too a dispiriting length of time to achieve, leading to a fallout of Players along the way, make it easier next time.
- If you notice some players perform the tasks in a much more optimized way than other players, you might inadvertently have built a loophole into the Mission mechanic causing some players to exploit this.
Our Promotional evaluation tool will also help you in determining if a player cohort plays more after a promotion than before, as well as provide you with Automated Reports for your management presentations.